May 20, 2020
The Board of Directors has been working hard on a plan to reopen our pool safely while meeting federal, state and local guidelines. While we are excited to get the pool open for member use, please be aware that this is a fluid plan and may be adjusted based on current events, changes to guidelines and how well we manage the flow of members at the pool. There will be numerous modifications to our normal operations and procedures that will need to take place in order for a safe reopening. We have developed the Pool Opening Plan outlined below for the initial opening of the pool respecting social distancing and health guidelines while maintaining a clean swimming environment.
The pool is scheduled to open this upcoming Saturday, May 23rd at 11:00 AM. The full summer pool schedule will be posted on the club's website shortly. Due to COVID related restrictions and the limitations imposed statewide for all pools and associated training, American Pool, our management company, has been unable to train a sufficient number of lifeguards and will not be able to properly staff the pool for the anticipated or potential swimmer loads. As such, we will be opening the pool under a SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK status. We will have a pool attendant scheduled for all hours the pool is open. This attendant will not be serving in any lifeguard capacity but will be available to assist with sanitizing furniture and ensuring that normal rules and guidelines are followed. This Swim At Your Own Risk status will be maintained until adequate lifeguards are trained and scheduled at our pool.
With a new pool management company comes a new lifeguard system. This year, we will have two (2) lifeguards monitoring the pool at all times unless on break. The lifeguards will take a 10 minute Safety Break each hour at which time no swimming will be allowed by persons under the age of 18 at that time and will also be at your own risk. The previous pool management company employed by the club used a single lifeguard on alternating 30 minute breaks. We feel that the two lifeguard system is safer and provides more complete coverage of the swimmers.
Pool Opening Plan:
- Members Only will be allowed to visit and use the Cochise Pool during the COVID 19 restriction. We will not have a sign in sheet at the front gate and are asking that you respect this non-member and guest restriction to ensure that there is plenty of capacity for members.
- Parents should ensure that their children are in good health. The club reserves the right to to take members temperatures as they enter the pool area.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided and available for members to use while at the pool. Members and their families are encouraged to use hand sanitizer as needed or necessary.
- Furniture on the pool deck will be located and spaced a minimum of 6 feet to accommodate social distancing for each family unit. Capacity at the pool will be limited by the number of tables spaced around the pool deck. One family unit per table and there must be a table available for a family to enter.
- Disinfectant spray and paper towels will be available within the pool deck area. Members are encouraged to sanitize their tables and chairs before using. Please do not move or adjust the locations of the tables unless they are not spaced correctly as referenced above.
- An array of chaise lounges will be strategically placed around the pool deck to accommodate sun bathers, respecting social distancing. Please do not relocate the chairs to other areas of the pool deck.
- No personal tables or chairs may be brought into the pool area. Members may only use the club's pool area furniture.
- It is recommended that members lay down a towel on top of the chair they are utilizing to provide an extra layer of protection;
- Members are strongly encouraged, but not required, to wear face masks at all times when at the pool or visiting the restrooms. Face masks should not be worn in the pool as they can be difficult to breathe through when wet.
- Members are encouraged to wash their hands often and cover their coughs and sneezes.
- As usual, members are expected to clean up their area when they leave. Garbage cans and recycle bins will be left with the tops off or in an open position to limit surface contact.
- A minimum distance of six (6) feet between groups, families and friends will be required at all times. This policy will be self-policed, however, continued failure to observe social distancing could result in removal from the pool.
- Social distancing in the water must be respected. Members and children standing in line for the diving board must be six (6) feet apart.
- Members are discouraged from sharing items that are difficult to clean, sanitize, or disinfect or that are meant to come in contact with the face such as goggles, masks, nose clips and snorkels.
- Members are discouraged from sharing items such as food, equipment, toys and supplies with those they don't live with.
- All other normal and standard pool rules shall apply.
Please know that we appreciate your patience and partnership as we work together to try and offer a fun and safe experience for our members and their families. We will be monitoring health conditions and all new government recommendations as we move forward in order to quickly respond to any emerging developments.
Cochise Board of Directors
May 15, 2020
Dear Club Members,
The Board of the Cochise Club met this week to discuss items related to our summer plans for Cochise. We reviewed Georgia Department of Health guidelines, the Governor’s most recent executive order, CDC Guidelines, and other area club communications, and we have arrived at the following decisions:
Our plan is to open the pool as soon as possible. Our current pool management company (American Pool of Georgia) will be giving us guidance on opening dates as well what social distancing measures we need to adhere to on the pool deck. We have come to the following measures:
- Member only pool use until the end of June and possibly beyond. No guests will be permitted until further notice.
- We will limit the number of members on the pool deck during hours of operation. More will follow based on the advice of our pool management company.
- We have purchased hand sanitizer and disinfectants for the pool and club grounds.
- We need club members to be proactive in following the guidelines forthcoming. If persistent abuse is observed we may be forced to enact more draconian measures or pool closure.
We made the difficult decision not to pursue a 2020 swim team this year. We hope to be back up and running in 2021.
We voted to maintain the March 18 no rental policy for both the pavilion and the clubhouse. We will continually review this issue each week as the Department of Health revises their guidance.
We are currently placing signage related to social distancing around the club property. In line with Governor Kemp’s current executive order, we ask that gatherings not exceed 10 persons, but realize that they may exceed 10 if they are transitory, incidental or not confined to one location on the grounds. Please be conscientious of others around you and respect their space as you gather.
A final word: We are a volunteer led club. We need the club membership to be proactive in both adherences to the rules as well as advising others to do the same. Together, we can make this summer a safe and enjoyable season for our membership.
The Cochise Club Board of Directors
March 25, 2020
We want to provide an update on the Board's efforts to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We will continue to operate the Club with the following changes:
- No organized events will take place for the foreseeable future. All reservations made for the Club's rental facilities have either been cancelled, postponed or are on hold until further notice. The tennis courts will remain open for play.
- While our facilities are currently open, we request that no organized activities be planned and when there are multiple members present on Club property that proper social distancing guidelines be followed.
- We are in frequent contact with American Pool, our pool management company, regarding any potential impacts to the pool season. The pool is being prepared for normal operations and a timely opening in May (swim team families will receive further updates in a separate email). This is certainly subject to change, and we will communicate any delays as soon as possible.
We continue to monitor the situation closely. We ask everyone to continue to follow CDC, State and local recommendations including practicing social distancing and washing hands often. If anyone in your family/household is vulnerable or displaying any symptoms, we kindly request that everyone in your household refrain from utilizing Club facilities.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact the club.
Stay safe and we look forward to seeing everyone as soon as possible.
March 22, 2020
Due to coronavirus concerns, the clubhouse is closed until further notice. Members may continue to use the tennis courts and playgrounds at their own risk and in accordance with CDC, State and local guidelines.
Please note that it is not possible for the club to sanitize or clean the playground equipment, tennis courts or anything on the club property. Additionally, we will be posting signs around the club property referencing the above notice.
We wish our membership health and wellness during this season.