Pool Hours and Rules
2022 Pool HoursThe pool will open on Saturday, May 7th for weekends only. Beginning Friday, May 28th through Sunday, August 14th, the pool will be open for Regular Summer Hours. Reduced Pool Hours are shown below for dates outside of this regular summer schedule:
Reduced Pool Hours - Before Memorial Day Weekend
Regular Season Pool Hours - Starting Memorial Day Weekend
|Monday - Thursday:||10am - 8pm|
|Friday & Saturday:||
10am - 9pm
12pm - 8pm
|Reduced Pool Hours - August 15th - Labor Day|
Monday - Thursday:
2pm - 6pm
4pm - 9pm
|Saturday:||10am - 9pm|
|Sunday:||12pm - 8pm|
|Reduced Pool Hours - After Labor Day|
|Saturday:||12pm - 6pm|
|Sunday:||12pm - 6pm|
The pool will be closed to family use with scheduled lifeguards starting Monday, September 26th.
- Please sign in before entering the pool deck. A podium will be set up just inside the pool gate with a notebook for you to record your name and member number. Please write legibly.
- A member is defined to include all members of the immediate family who reside in the same household. Immediate family members who do not live in the Cochise member's household may use the pool and facilities at any time as long as they are accompanied by the member, and the guest fees shall be waived.
- As you sign in, please review the posted pool rules attached to the pool gate.
- Children who are not proficient swimmers or who are under 12 must be accompanied by a parent or parent representative 18 years of age or older at all times. Never leave any child (or adult) unattended who cannot swim or whose ability to swim is limited. When in the water, these children should be within arms reach of a supervising adult/guardian at all times.
- Keep children away from pool drains and other "openings" in the pool.
- Have a phone close by (a landline phone is located in the guard room).
- If a swimmer is missing, check the pool first.
- Please share the pool rules and safety instructions with family, friends, and guests who attend the pool.
- No "horse play," running, pushing, or shoving will be allowed in the pool area. Use of pool floats and throwing of balls in the pool area is up to the discretion of the lifeguard on duty. No tennis or hard sports balls are allowed.
- No glass is permitted in the pool area. No pets are allowed on the pool deck or in the pool. No styrofoam material of any kind may be used in the pool as this material flakes off and clogs the filtering system.
- No more than 50 people may be in the pool at one time.
- The wading pool is reserved for children under the age of 4. The lifeguards do not monitor or safeguard the usage of the wading pool. It is the sole responsibility of the parents to supervise and safeguard the children who are using the wading pool or who are in the vicinity of the wading pool.
- Only one person is allowed on the diving board at a time. No running is permitted on the diving boards. After diving off the board, please swim to the nearest ladder to exit the pool. Swimming shall not be allowed under, to the side of, or in close proximity to the diving board because of the danger of swimmers being struck by a diver. No back flips may be performed from the sides of the pool or the lower diving board. No hanging, pulling, or sitting on the pool ropes is allowed.
- All children under the age of 4 must wear BOTH a swim diaper and a swim cover.
- Please report any accidents (vomit, excrement, etc.) in the pool to the lifeguards on duty immediately. The pool will be closed for a minimum of one (1) hour for treatment. The pool may be closed for up to twelve (12) hours depending on the nature of the accident.
- In the event of thunder and/or lightning, the lifeguard will clear the pool and pool deck immediately. The pool area will remain closed until 30 minutes have passed from the last episode of thunder and/or lightning as determined by the guard on duty. A sign will be placed outside the pool gate indicating that the pool is closed. The sign will be removed once it is safe to swim again.
- Hosts of pool parties will 11 or more guests must hire an additional guard. Please refer to the Cochise website at www.cochiseclub.com for procedures regarding pool parties.
- Swimming is prohibited unless the pool is open and staffed by a lifeguard(s) that is employed by the pool management company retained by the Cochise Riverview Club. At all other times, the pool area shall be securely locked, and swimming and access to the pool deck and area is prohibited.
- Swimmers should not enter the pool with any dirt, grass, etc. on their bodies, feet, or hands. Cochise provides an outdoor shower at the clubhouse for this purpose.
- Members are responsible for their dress as well as that of their guests. Apparel manufactured for swimming must be worn. Short pants, thongs, or apparel with boxer shorts showing do not meet this standard.
- If you have any question, comment, or concern, please do not hesitate to bring it to the attention of the lifeguard(s) on duty. You may also contact the pool chair directly.