Pool Hours and Rules
2020 Pool Hours**Pool hours for the current season are typically updated in April
No swim team for 2020.
|Beginning Saturday, May 23 through August 16 the pool will be open for Summer Hours. Reduced Hours will begin August 3. Check back for updates:|
|Monday - Thursday**:||10am - 8pm**|
|Friday & Saturday:||
10am - 9pm
12pm - 8pm
**Monday, May 25 (Memorial Day):
10am - 9pm
|Reduced Pool Hours - August 17th - Labor Day|
|Friday:||4pm - 9pm|
|Saturday:||10am - 9pm|
|Sunday:||12pm - 8pm|
|Reduced Pool Hours - After Labor Day|
|Saturday:||12pm - 6pm|
|Sunday:||12pm - 6pm|
The pool will be closed to family use with scheduled lifeguards starting Monday, October 1st.
We have also received a number of requests for Adult Only Lap Swim Time and have had a few members willing to volunteer their time to open and close the pool area to accommodate this event. This lap time will be for ADULTS ONLY and will be a Swim At Your Own Risk event. There will be NO lifeguards scheduled or present. Children will be asked to leave the pool deck area if they are present. We are currently working with American Pool to install and replace the pool's broken water heater so we may be able to extend the lap swim schedule later into the fall season. The current schedule will be weekday afternoons from 2:00 PM until 4:00 PM and will start once the seasonal daily pool schedule ends on Monday, August 17th. Please understand that this schedule is flexible and is subject to change if the demand warrants or if the circumstances change.
- Please sign in before entering the pool deck. A podium will be set up outside the pool gate with a notebook for you to record your name and member number. Please write legibly.
- A member is defined to include all members of the immediate family who reside in the same household. Immediate family members who do not live in the Cochise member's household may use the pool and facilities at any time as long as they are accompanied by the member, and the guest fees shall be waived.
- As you sign in, please review the posted pool rules attached to the pool gate.
- Children who are not proficient swimmers or who are under 12 must be accompanied by a parent or parent representative 18 years of age or older at all times. Never leave any child (or adult) unattended who cannot swim or whose ability to swim is limited. When in the water, these children should be within arms reach of a supervising adult/guardian at all times.
- Keep children away from pool drains and other "openings" in the pool.
- Have a phone close by (a landline phone is located in the guard room).
- If a swimmer is missing, check the pool first.
- Please share the pool rules and safety instructions with family, friends, and guests who attend the pool.
- No "horse play," running, pushing, or shoving will be allowed in the pool area. Use of pool floats and throwing of balls in the pool area is up to the discretion of the lifeguard on duty. No tennis or hard sports balls are allowed.
- No glass is permitted in the pool area. No pets are allowed on the pool deck or in the pool. No styrofoam material of any kind may be used in the pool as this material flakes off and clogs the filtering system.
- No more than 50 people may be in the pool at one time.
- The wading pool is reserved for children under the age of 4. The lifeguards do not monitor or safeguard the usage of the wading pool. It is the sole responsibility of the parents to supervise and safeguard the children who are using the wading pool or who are in the vicinity of the wading pool.
- Only one person is allowed on the diving board at a time. No running is permitted on the diving boards. After diving off the board, please swim to the nearest ladder to exit the pool. Swimming shall not be allowed under, to the side of, or in close proximity to the diving board because of the danger of swimmers being struck by a diver. No back flips may be performed from the sides of the pool or the lower diving board. No hanging, pulling, or sitting on the pool ropes is allowed.
- All children under the age of 4 must wear both a swim diaper and a swim cover.
- Please report any accidents (vomit, excrement, etc.) in the pool to the lifeguards on duty immediately. The pool will be closed for a minimum of 8 hours for treatment. The pool may be closed for up to 24 hours depending on the nature of the accident.
- In the event of thunder and/or lightning, the lifeguard will clear the pool and pool deck immediately. The pool area will remain closed until 30 minutes have passed from the last episode of thunder and/or lightning as determined by the guard on duty. A sign will be placed outside the pool gate indicating that the pool is closed. The sign will be removed once it is safe to swim again.
- Hosts of pool parties will 11 or more guests must hire an additional guard. Please refer to the Cochise website at www.cochiseclub.com for procedures regarding pool parties.
- Swimming is prohibited unless the pool is open and staffed by a lifeguard(s) that is employed by the pool management company retained by the Cochise Riverview Club. At all other times, the pool area shall be securely locked, and swimming and access to the pool deck and area is prohibited.
- Swimmers should not enter the pool with any dirt, grass, etc. on their bodies, feet, or hands. Cochise provides an outdoor shower at the clubhouse for this purpose.
- If you have a question, comment, or concern, please do not hesitate to bring it to the attention of the lifeguard(s) on duty. You also may contact the pool chair directly.